Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Breathe Deeply.

At the creation of man, the single thing that made him a living being and not a pile of earth-dust was the breath of God (Genesis 2:7).

To be born again, or a newly-created human being, we must receive the God-breath in His Word:
* “All Scripture is inspired [breathed] by God” (2 Timothy 3:16).
* “...in humility receive the word implanted, which is able to save your souls” (James 1:20).
* “...you have been born again not of seed which is perishable but imperishable, that is, through the living and enduring word of God” (1 Peter 1:23).

In reading from Psalm 119 today, the life of Genesis 2:7 is variously translated “revive” and “live.” The Source of this life and reviving is the Word breathed by God Himself. May we meditate on this Source today and seek the Holy Spirit’s help in breathing deeply.

“Deal bountifully with Your servant, that I may live and keep Your word” (Psalm 119:17).

“My soul cleaves to the dust; revive me according to Your word” (119:25).

“Turn away my eyes from looking at vanity, and revive me in Your ways” (119:37).

“Behold, I long for Your precepts; revive me through Your righteousness” (119:40).

“This is my comfort in my affliction, that Your word has revived me” (119:50).

Revive me according to Your lovingkindness, so that I may keep the testimony of Your mouth” (119:88).

“I will never forget Your precepts, for by them You have revived me” (119:93).

“I am exceedingly afflicted; revive me, O LORD, according to Your word” (119:107).

“Sustain me according to Your word, that I may live; and do not let me be ashamed of my hope” (119:116).

“Your testimonies are righteous forever; give me understanding that I may live (119:144).

“Hear my voice according to Your lovingkindness; revive me, O LORD, according to Your ordinances” (119:149).

“Plead my cause and redeem me; revive me according to Your word” (119:154).

“Great are Your mercies, O LORD; revive me according to Your ordinances” (119:156).

“Consider how I love Your precepts; revive me, O LORD, according to Your lovingkindness” (119:159).

“Let my soul live that it may praise You, and let Your ordinances help me” (119:175).

No comments: