Friday, August 31, 2012

The Promise of the New Covenant


“Blessed are they that keep His testimonies, and seek Him with their whole heart...I will praise Thee with an upright heart, when I shall learn the judgments of Thy righteousness...with my whole heart have I sought thee: let me not wander from Thy commandments, I have hid Thy promise in mine heart, that I might not sin against Thee...mine heart breaketh for the desire to Thy judgments always...I will run the way of Thy commandments, when Thou shalt enlarge mine heart...give me understanding and I will keep Thy Law, yea, I will keep it with my whole heart...incline mine heart unto Thy testimonies: and not to covetousness...I made my supplication in Thy presence with my whole heart: be merciful unto me according to Thy promise...the proud have imagined a lie against me: but I will keep Thy precepts with my whole heart...let mine heart be upright in Thy statutes, that I be not ashamed...Thy testimonies have I taken as an heritage forever: for they are the joy of mine heart. I have applied mine heart to fulfill Thy statutes always, even unto the end...I have cried with my whole heart: hear me, O Lord, and I will keep thy statutes...princes have persecuted me without cause: but mine heart stood in awe of Thy words” (Psalm 119:2,7,10,11,20,32,34,36,58,69,80,111,112,145,161, Geneva Bible).

The Word in our hearts: the Promise of the new covenant in Jesus Christ. “‘Behold, the days come,’ saith the Lord, ‘that I will make a new covenant...I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts, and will be their God, and they shall be my people. And they shall teach no more every man his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, “Know the Lord”: for they shall all know me from the least of them unto the greatest of them,’ saith the Lord” (Jeremiah 31:31-34).

No comments: