“Again the word of the Lord of hosts came to me, saying, ‘Thus saith the Lord of hosts, “I was jealous for
with great jealousy,
and I was jealous for her with great wrath [cf. 1:14].” Thus saith the Lord, “I
will return unto Zion Zion, and will dwell in the
midst of Jerusalem: and shall be called a city of truth,
and the Mountain of the Lord of hosts, the holy Mountain”’” (Zechariah 8:1-3,
Geneva Bible). Jerusalem
- Be zealous for the Gathering of His people. He is. Be jealous for a faithful dedication to Him alone. He is.
- He does not gather us because we are perfect, but as a display of His forgiving grace and mercy to an unworthy people.
- When He is present with His people in the Gathering, may we see Him in the fullness of Who He has revealed Himself to be in Scripture, including the attributes we are tempted to hide in our remaking Him into our image. You cannot have a true vision of the glory of the Gospel without a vision of His wrath (Romans 5:9; Ephesians 2:1-10; 1 Thessalonians 1:10; 5:9).
- The One present at the Gathering is the “Lord of hosts,” sole sovereign Commander of the armies of heaven and earth. Be humbled before Him yet strengthened before all who oppose Him and His people in this world.
- May the Gathering be marked clearly and obviously by a dominating concern to make His truth and holiness known.
Gather, Church, to the glory of the Lord of hosts in His righteousness, truth, and holiness!