Every single day, repeatedly remind yourself and meditate on the fact that God’s infinitely saving grace comes to you solely through the Person and work of Jesus Christ:
· “And from His fullness we have all received, grace upon grace. For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ” (John 1:16,17).
· “The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you” (Romans 16:20).
· “The grace of the Lord Jesus be with you” (1 Corinthians 16:23).
· “The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ and the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all” (2 Corinthians 13:14).
· “The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit, brothers. Amen” (Galatians 6:18).
· “The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit” (Philippians 4:23).
· “The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you” (1 Thessalonians 5:28).
· “The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all” (2 Thessalonians 3:18).
· “The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit” (Philemon 25).
Don’t ever let yourself believe that grace comes to you through anything naturally in you or as a result of your actions, intentions, morality, ethics, politics, ANYTHING. The second we think we deserve God's forgiveness, blessing, adoption, etc., more than someone, anyone else, we are denying the very nature of grace as it comes through the eternal Son of God! The moment we entertain the idea that we receive anything from God through any other source than Christ, we are lapsing into Pharisaism, are denying the Gospel that saved us, and straying from true, biblical Christianity! You cannot add to the grace that comes from Christ. You cannot earn it. You cannot repay it. This requires a daily consideration of the truth of the Gospel and its claim that saving grace comes through Christ, and Christ alone. We need the daily Gospel!
Rest in that, beloved. Rest in that!