Wednesday, December 14, 2016

What If Santa...

Friday night we gathered to go caroling in our little town's historic downtown. I had my Santa hat on, and am still growing the gray beard out longer and longer. One of our church members asked, "have you ever considered playing Santa?"



It is a secret ambition. I want to be Santa when I grow up. Of course, I love the story of Nikolaos of Myra and his punching Arius at the First Council of Nicea (A.D. 325). I despise anyone lying about my Jesus, too, though it has not come to that original Santa Claus' action.

It got me thinking yesterday: what if our American icon Santa Claus had the spirit of Nikolaos of Myra? What if, when children sat on his lap for pictures, all he could do was speak Scripture?

What follows is entirely tongue-in-cheek, friends.
















No comments: