“For the overseer must be...holding fast the faithful word [πιστου λογου] which is in accordance with the teaching [doctrine], so that he will be able both to exhort in sound doctrine and to refute those who contradict” (Titus 1:7-9).
- “It is a trustworthy statement [πιστος ο λογος], deserving full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, among whom I am foremost of all” (1 Timothy 1:15).
- “It is a trustworthy statement [πιστος ο λογος]: if any man aspires to the office of overseer, it is a fine work he desires to do” (3:1).
- “...discipline yourself for the purpose of godliness; for bodily discipline is only of little profit, but godliness is profitable for all things, since it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come. It is a trustworthy statement [πιστος ο λογος] deserving full acceptance. For it is for this we labor and strive, because we have fixed our hope on the living God, Who is the Savior of all men, especially of believers. Prescribe and teach these things” (4:7-11).
- “It is a trustworthy statement [πιστος ο λογος]: for if we died with Him [a baptismal reference], we will also live with Him; if we endure, we will also reign with Him; if we deny Him, He also will deny us; if we are faithless, He remains faithful, for He cannot deny Himself” (2 Timothy 2:11-13).
- “For we also once were foolish ourselves, disobedient, deceived, enslaved to various lusts and pleasures, spending our life in malice and envy, hateful, hating one another. But when the kindness of God our Savior and His love for mankind appeared, He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit, Whom He poured out upon us richly through Jesus Christ our Savior, so that being justified by His grace we would be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life. This is a trustworthy statement [πιστος ο λογος]; and concerning these things I want you to speak confidently, so that those who have believed God will be careful to engage in good deeds. These things are good and profitable for men” (Titus 3:3-8).