Friday, June 1, 2012

A Prayer to the Trinity for This Day's Ministry


“...I did not shrink from declaring to you anything that was profitable, and teaching you publicly and from house to house, solemnly testifying to both Jews and Greeks of repentance toward God [the Father] and faith in our Lord Jesus Christ [the Son]. And now, behold, bound by the Spirit, I am on my way to Jerusalem, not knowing what will happen to me there, except that the Holy Spirit solemnly testifies to me in every city, saying that bonds and afflictions await me. But I do not consider my life of any account as dear to myself, so that I may finish my course and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus [the Son], to testify solemnly of the gospel of the grace of God [the Father](Acts 20:20-24).

Father, thank You for the grace to obey Your command to repent (the entryway to Your Good News).
Son, may we see You as Lord of all through eyes of faith.
Spirit, bind us to the “course and ministry” given us by the Son, speaking to us through the Word so we know we are never alone, no matter what the road ahead brings.

Holy Trinity, one God in three Persons, help us today as we serve You!

No comments: