Thursday, October 25, 2012

The Covenant that Teaches


“All the paths of the Lord are mercy and truth unto such as keep His Covenant and His testimonies...the secret of the Lord is revealed to them that fear Him: and His Covenant to give them understanding” (Psalm 25:10,14, Geneva Bible).

The new covenant in Jesus Christ (Hebrews 7:22; 8:6; 9:15; 12:24) is a covenant that teaches: “‘Behold, the days come,’ saith the Lord, ‘that I will make a new covenant...this shall be the covenant that I will make...I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts, and will be their God, and they shall be my people. And they shall teach no more every man his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, “Know the Lord”: for they shall all know Me [who are in this covenant] from the least of them unto the greatest of them...’” (Jeremiah 31:31-34; cf. Hebrews 8:6-12; 10:15-25).

Come learn from the Mediator of the new Covenant: “At that time Jesus answered and said, ‘I give Thee thanks, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because Thou hast hid these things from the wise, and men of understanding, and hast opened them unto babes. It is so, O Father, because Thy good pleasure was such. All things are given unto Me of My Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father: neither knoweth any man the Father, but the Son, and he to whom the Son will reveal Him. Come unto Me, all ye that are weary and laden, and I will ease you. Take My yoke on you, and learn of Me that I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For My yoke is easy, and My burden light’” (Matthew 11:25-30).

No comments: