“The proverbs of Solomon” (Proverbs 10:1) is the header to a chapter filled with references to the blessings of those who are righteous:
- “The LORD will not allow the righteous to hunger...” (10:3).
- “Blessings are on the head of the righteous...” (10:6).
- “The memory of the righteous is blessed...” (10:7).
- “The mouth of the righteous is a fountain of life...” (10:11).
- “The wages of the righteous is life...” (10:16).
- “The tongue of the righteous is as choice silver...” (20:20).
- “The lips of the righteous feed many...” (20:21).
- “...the desire of the righteous will be granted” (10:24).
- “...the righteous has an everlasting foundation” (10:25).
- “The hope of the righteous is gladness...” (10:28).
- “The righteous will never be shaken...” (10:30).
- “The mouth of the righteous flows with wisdom...” (10:31).
- “The lips of the righteous bring forth what is acceptable...” (10:32).
“The proverbs of Solomon the son of David, king of
receive instruction in...righteousness...” (1:1-3). If Solomon’s teaching
instructs us in the righteousness that is blessed of the LORD, what of the Son
of David (Matthew 1:1; 9:27; 12:23; 15:22; 20:30,31; 21:9,15; 22:42; Mark
10:47,48; 12:35; Luke 18:38,39; Romans 1:3) Who is greater than Solomon (Matthew
12:42; Luke 11:31), Jesus Christ, the Son of God? Israel
- “...gospel of His Son...is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes...for in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, ‘BUT THE RIGHTEOUS man SHALL LIVE BY FAITH’” (Romans 1:9,16,17).
- “But now apart from the Law the righteousness of God has been manifested, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets, even the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all those who believe; for there is no distinction; for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, being justified as a gift by His grace through the redemption which is in Christ Jesus...” (Romans 3:21-24).
- “For as through the one man's disobedience the many were made sinners, even so through the obedience of the One the many will be made righteous...as sin reigned in death, even so grace would reign through righteousness to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord” (Romans 5:19,21).
- “But by His doing you are in Christ Jesus, Who became to us wisdom from God, and righteousness...so that, just as it is written, ‘LET HIM WHO BOASTS, BOAST IN THE LORD’” (1 Corinthians 1:30,31).
- “He made Him Who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him” (2 Corinthians 5:21).
- “...and may be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own derived from the Law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which comes from God on the basis of faith” (Philippians 3:9).
- “...to those who have received a faith of the same kind as ours, by the righteousness of our God and Savior, Jesus Christ...” (2 Peter 1:1).
Father, work Your perfect righteousness through those in Your Son this day through the power of the Spirit You have given Your precious Church (John 3:21; Ephesians 2:10; Philippians 2:12,13; Hebrews 13:20,21)! Father, may we glorify You in the Son by the power of the Spirit through the commands and promises to the righteous in Proverbs 10.